Hemingway's Brewery AustraliaApply for Job
We make award-winning beer, and our brewery is impressive but it’s what we have in our backyard when you knock off that is truly sensational and inspirational
Hemingway’s Brewery is an award-winning, independent craft brewery operating in Far North Queensland, producing a range of outstanding craft beers on state-of-the-art equipment. Our team is driven by innovation, authenticity, quality and performance.
Along with the brewery we have two very large venues, one in Cairns and one in Port Douglas both offering a relaxed waterfront vibe where you can enjoy handcrafted beers suited to the tropical climate and fresh local produce.
If you are an experienced brewer looking to expand your CV and experience while enjoying all that living in a tropical paradise can offer; eternal summer, the Great Barrier Reef, fishing, hiking, world-class mountain bike trails, lush rainforest surrounds… contact us now!
Reporting to the Head Brewer, the full-time Brewer is an integral part of the team, responsible for contributing to the creation of high-quality beer.
What you get!
- An attractive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus 13 statutory holidays annually
- Working visas, flights & temporary accommodation will be part of the package
- To live and work in one of the Seven Wonders of the World (right next to the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest)
- To work with a passionate and fun team.
What do you need to possess to be successful?
You need a passion for beer!
Qualities we are looking for:
- Well versed in scheduling, brewing, cellaring and packaging operations.
- Experience with recipe development; creating award-winning beers.
- Able to manage raw materials, inventory control, scheduling and Hop contracts.
- Involved in Equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to Coordinate operations and warehouse departments.
- Strong verbal communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Hands-on leadership skills for developing and training a team.
- Good understanding of quality assurance/quality control and problem-solving skills and to troubleshoot any beer-related issues.
- Ability to work with Venue Managers & Sales to maintain supplier, vendor and industry relationships.
- Willing to participate in events, festivals and promotions to support the brand
- A team player who can actively support the Hemingway’s Brewery vision
- Someone able to share their beer knowledge and passion with our customers.
- Brewing Qualification ideally equivalent to at least IBD Diploma level
- Extensive brewing experience
- Management experience and ability to provide direction to employees
- A good understanding of Work Health & Safety
- Good computer skills and ability to complete administrative paperwork and reporting
Remuneration will be dependent on experience and skills and we are open to permanent employment or a contract arrangement. If you possess the above attributes please apply, detailing how you could contribute to the Hemingway’s Brewing team.
Please send your resume to CEO Tony Fyfe