Ale-8-One Bottling Co.Apply for this Job
These are exciting times at Ale-8-One! We are a small, 120-year-old company with a startup mentality. Our flagship brand is a cult icon in the state of Kentucky. The Marketing Director will have the opportunity to grow Ale-8 in Kentucky and beyond. The Marketing Director is a key member of our cohesive executive leadership team at Ale-8-One, and is responsible for leading all marketing efforts for the company. If you have strong marketing skills, a passion for building brands, and the desire to make a difference and grow professionally, come join our company that is family owned, independent and values driven.
The Marketing Director is responsible for leading the marketing team in the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy to grow the Ale-8 brand. Key components of the strategy will include building strong brand connections with consumers, accelerating current product sales, leading new product development, and partnering with sales to expand distribution.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Marketing Strategic & Tactical Planning
- Manage brand positioning strategy, including all strategic planning, price/promotion strategy, brand positioning/architecture, brand voice, and brand personality
- Build, manage and report on the annual marketing budget
- Provide consumer, category, competition, channel and customer analysis.
- Determine and prioritize tactical plans to support specific varieties, packages
- Develop marketing plans for key distributors and retailers
Leadership and People Development
- Provide leadership and development to build a best-in-class marketing team
- Provide management, coaching, and professional guidance to marketing team with a focus on developing functional, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Manage agencies effectively to support marketing strategy & tactics, PR, design, and research
- Build and maintain relationships with outside partners, and expand relationships with existing partners to strengthen & supplement capabilities
Digital and Social Media
- Oversee strategy and tactics across current and emerging social and digital media platforms
- Develop and implement social influencer strategy to build awareness and engagement
- Develop and execute digital media campaigns to support brand initiatives
- Measure the effectiveness and ROI of digital and social media.
Sales Support and Promotion
- Oversee providing sales department with sales programs, materials, POS, sales sheets, presentations, customer, and consumer insights.
- Lead development and oversee implementation and analysis of annual plan for themed sales promotions to drive display, visibility & trial. Support promotions across the marketing mix.
- Grow online sales and share with Amazon, Kroger, Walmart, Instacart and other retailers, and stay current with e-commerce trends
- Monitor online sales, competitive share, ROAS of internal and agency managed online promotions
- Develop internal team expertise in e-commerce.
- Lead PR strategy for the brand & company. Partner with agency to develop plan for earned media.
New Product and Package Development
- Oversee market research projects to drive NPPD and guide decision making.
- With leadership, lead strategic direction for NPPD and the prioritization of NPPD opportunities.
- Lead development of marketing plans to support new product launches.
- Oversee cross functional NPPD Team.
- Oversee the packaging development and update process.
- Oversee monitoring and tracking of infringements of Ale-8 intellectual property
- Manage legal counsel in developing infringement responses, and executing IP strategy and trademark submissions
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field from an accredited university; a graduate degree is preferred but not required
- 8+ years marketing experience; CPG preferred
- Proven track record of leading marketing professionals with a strong retention rate
- Proven track record of planning and executing comprehensive marketing strategies, digital advertising campaigns and successful PR efforts
- Highly analytical with competitive analysis experience, pricing strategy a plus
- Flexibility to learn and adapt to a fast changing market environment
- Comfortable in a small business environment, as player-coach, wearing lots of hats and pitching in
- Meet Ale-8-One’s Values and Behavior Standard – to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating with integrity and in a respectful manner with employees, co-workers, managers, customers, the public, and all business relationships.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance and company paid long term and short-term disability insurance. Benefits also include 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with a competitive company match and vacation time.
Ale-8-One is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prioritize sourcing a diverse group of qualified candidates. Our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts are rooted in Ale-8's Company Values.
Ale-8-One, the soft drink unique to Kentucky, has been bottled in Winchester since 1926. We are a family owned and operated soft drink sales, marketing, production, distribution and vending company that has been continuously in business since 1902. For more information about Ale-8-One Bottling Company and our products please visit us at www.ale-8-one.com or www.facebook.com/ale8one.