Assistant Brewer / Production
Kings Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
- Direct and oversee the daily operations of the brewhouse, cellar, packaging, warehouse, research and development, and quality control
- Work with senior management on production planning and forecasting
- Develop and maintain product production schedules
- Maintain a high standard of facility cleanliness and organization
- Identify and address opportunities to increase operational efficiency
- Create and ensure standard operating procedures (SOP) are followed and improved upon
Facility and Staff Management
- Participate in hiring and disciplinary procedures with human resources and other staff members
- Maintain and improve existing training for all production staff members
- Conduct annual performance reviews with all direct reports
- Create and maintain an adaptable team that is dedicated to the organization and that turns knowledge into innovation to deliver great customer and consumer experiences.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance of brewery equipment and facilities
Material Sourcing and Handling
- Oversee key sourcing of raw materials and maintain supplier relationships
- Maintain inventory storage and ordering of raw materials and finished goods
- Manage raw materials to ensure best pricing and adequate supply to meet demand
Record Keeping and Reporting
- Ensure all production data is correctly and timely entered.
- Prepare weekly and monthly production, quality and budgetary reports
- Ensure all federal and state brewery production reporting requirements are completed
Product Development and Quality
- Work with ownership to develop recipes and processes for new products
- Oversee tight quality control standard throughout the brewery to ensure standards are met
- Ensure proper yeast handling systems are in place
- Ensure lab product quality measurements are being taken
- Implement and oversee the sensory tasting panel
- Take responsibility for quality and consistency of finished product
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least two years of experience in a brewer role.
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with production forecasting, scheduling, and management
- Ability to train, motivate and inspire team members
- Experience with Excel
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift at least 100 (lbs.) pounds, stand for long periods of time, able to bend, and work in a loud, hot, and quick paced environment.
- Forklift certification or ability to become certified
We are looking for a talented individual who is extremely passionate about beer and wants to partner with us to become one of the best in the industry. We are looking for a seasoned professional who has already proven his or herself and is looking for his/her next big adventure. The schedule will be Tuesdays- Saturday Morning, but occasional nights may be required.
Compensation: competitive salary dependent on level of experience | 2 weeks paid vacation in the first year | sick pay | holiday pay.