DENVER, January 28, 2011 – Denver-based Vuka LLC can now add Safeway stores to their impressive list of retailers – including Whole Foods, Sunflower Farmers Market, and the national Life Time Fitness chain. Feedback from retailers and consumers has been overwhelmingly positive making Vuka a company to watch in 2011, as the energy drink category continues to grow faster than soft drinks due to consumer demand for functional benefits from their beverages.
With 137 stores in Safeway’s Denver Division – including stores in Wyoming, Nebraska, and New Mexico – Vuka fans beyond Colorado can now enjoy all four flavors: Awaken, Think, Workout, and Renew. Vuka was created as a sophisticated, caffeinated energy drink for the 30-plus demographic. The four all-natural energy drinks, each individually formulated for a different activity that fills your life, are enhanced with vitamins and nutrients.
Vuka can be experienced throughout the region at in-store tastings, sporting and cultural events, and event sponsorships – like their participation in the 2011 Sundance Film Festival -resulting in a loyal following of fans. Vuka was awarded a City of Denver contract as the official energy drink of Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Denver Coliseum, Denver Performing Arts Center and Colorado Convention Center, overcoming both the size and name recognition of competitor Red Bull USA.
Free of preservatives and high-fructose corn syrup, Vuka knows an energy boost isn’t worth putting hard-to-pronounce ingredients and processed sugars into your body. It’s about feeling energized, not hyperactive. Each of the four juice-based flavors— Awaken, Think, Workout and Renew — is designed for a range of occasions.
- Awaken is 50 percent real juice to keep the fresh, familiar taste of orange juice in your wake-up routine. Plus, it’s enhanced with vitamins A, C, E and B3, B5, B6, and B12.
- Think is a lightly carbonated pomegranate lychee drink, focusing on improving your memory and concentration and helping to restore your brainpower with DMAE, ginkgo biloba and panax ginseng. Natural caffeine keeps you alert and active.
- Workout is a lightly carbonated berry lemonade made with Rooibos (African Redbush) tea to keep you performing at peak levels. Workout gives you a welcome infusion of L-carnitine, potassium, sodium and magnesium to restore what’s been lost and to prepare for your workout.
- Renew is a second wind to get you back on track. Replenish during down times with this reviving mango peach drink featuring natural caffeine, panax ginseng, D-Ribose and taurine.
- All of the products contain Vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12 and grape-seed extract.
Vuka’s natural caffeine and sugar means no more jitters — just you at your best as a happy, healthy adult, aiming higher, accomplishing more. Each eight-ounce serving contains 80 milligrams of natural caffeine and only 90 calories, roughly equal to that of a popular brand latte.