Cactus water is moving well beyond the desert. Arizona-based True Nopal has announced that its gluten-free and vegan-certified prickly pear cactus water is now available in over 4,000 retailers across the United States, including recently announced distribution gains at Raley’s, HEB, Big Y, and Shaw’s. According to the company’s press release, True Nopal is also currently in talks to land additional placements at Dierbergs, Earth Fare, Schnucks and Shop ‘n Save. Meanwhile, category competitor Caliwater is introducing a larger, 1 Liter Tetra Pak of the brand’s new “not from concentrate” formulation at Gelson’s Markets and Lassen’s Natural Foods stores in Southern California.
Lifeway Foods has increased its international availability, securing a distribution agreement with Baja Food Service and Intimidea to bring its probiotic smoothies to Mexico. The company’s new distributors will offer Mexican consumers Lifeway’s plain, strawberry, blueberry and raspberry flavors in 32 oz. and 8 oz. bottles. Lifeway currently has an international presence in Canada, the United Kingdom, Central America and the Caribbean.
Also adding international distribution is Bebida Beverage Company, makers of relaxation beverage KOMA Unwind. The company announced a new international distribution partner this week, aiming for a mid-August international launch. According to the company the agreement will mandate over one million dollars in gross sales for BeBevCo in its first year.
- Southern Teaz has landed on the shelves of all Sprouts Markets through a new distribution partnership with UNFI. The company has also expanded its presence in Oregon and Washington state, getting picked up at New Seasons Markets.
- Green Sheep Water is now available at all of Mariano’s Markets’ 30+ locations throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Pulse’s Natural Cabana Lemonades and Limeades are now being sold in variety 12-packs at 50 Wegmans supermarkets. The company has also recently added distribution at Minyard Food Stores and Vista Super Markets in the state of Texas.
- FEEL Natural Energy has partnered with Consumer Products Management and its affiliate AMT Sales and Marketing to distribute its brand of all-natural, low calorie energy drinks geared towards women. FEEL is currently available in three flavors – Raspberry Lemonade, Wild Berry, and Mango Passionfruit.
- True Drinks’ AquaBall can now be found in a 16-count variety pack at Jetro Cash & Carry stores in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
- Sparkling flavored water brand Cascade Ice has secured shelf space at over 400 Target stores nationwide.