BevNET’s education site, FBU (Food & Beverage University) today released the preliminary agenda for its April 30 event in Chicago.
The one-day deep dive is FBU’s signature event, designed to provide entrepreneurial food and beverage companies the basic tools and understanding they need as they launch and refine their products, try to set up distribution plans and win retail accounts, and set up brands for early-stage financing and long-term growth.
Speakers come from across the food and beverage industry, including entrepreneurs, veteran consultants, designers, attorneys and investors, along with brokers, retailers and key information providers.
The agenda moves from product development and routes to market to product financing, sales and marketing, consumer development and more, helping brands learn how to make the case for their brands with many of the gatekeepers they will encounter: distributors, brokers, retailers and investors.
This edition of FBU features a special emphasis on financial partnerships, including a pitch session with three growth-oriented investors and individual sessions that indicate the best ways to attract and communicate with potential funding partners.
In addition to investors, attendees will have access to:
- Proprietary SPINS growth data on emerging food and beverage categories tailored to the attendee group
- Exclusive access to speakers during an extended networking break that will include subject matter-specific tables, each captained by an instructor with expertise in areas including fundraising, sales, product design, regulation, and more — all designed to allow attendees to ask company specific questions and compare notes with their contemporaries
- Interviews with entrepreneurs that illustrate the stories and key choices behind the instructional content
- Instruction on working with co-packers, avoiding regulatory issues, and locking down intellectual property
- Ways to win retail accounts, from Whole Foods to centralized chain buyers
FBU Chicago will be held on Thursday, April 30, at Moonlight Studios, 1446 West Kinzie, Chicago, Ill. The program specializes in helping new and emerging entrepreneurs and new hires launch their brands with the proper awareness of the key decisions and metrics they will need to succeed. Investors, distributors and retailers looking for the next big brands also benefit from the program.
Discounted early sign-ups end this week; sponsorship slots are still available: Contact Jon Landis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 231-8837 for information.
Note that this preliminary agenda is subject to changes and additions.
About BevNET FBU
FBU one-day events are designed to provide a full-day kick-start for early-stage food and beverage entrepreneurs; The Chicago event will take place at Moonlight Studios, 1446 W. Kinzie St. in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood. It will take entrepreneurs and their teams through through the key decisions and challenges that accompany early growth, from commercialization, co-packing, and product design through the hard decisions that accompany structuring a company and a sales force, reaching key distribution and retail decision-makers, marketing products, while maintaining solid businesses that can attract growth capital. Always friendly, timely, and well-managed, FBU events feature opportunities to maximize both learning opportunities through interaction with speakers and entrepreneurs, as well as the chance for entrepreneurs to sample their products for the audience.