We’re pleased to announce that BevNET Live Summer 2016 will feature a special edition of Beverage School, BevNET’s signature introduction to the beverage business. The session is a key learning and networking opportunity for early-stage beverage entrepreneurs and industry newcomers.
Held on Monday, June 13, the day before BevNET Live begins, Beverage School will feature a lineup of industry experts who will present on topics relevant to early-stage beverage companies, including business planning, distribution strategies and branding.
Attendees will be also encouraged to engage speakers with questions during presentations and also have an opportunity to introduce their brands, products and business strategies during the Beverage School session.
The final 90 minutes of the program will feature a series of roundtable talks providing direct networking with instructors and other experts from specific areas of the beverage business. Attendees will be asked to spend a few minutes at each table for informal discussions with speakers and fellow classmates; think “speed dating” but for new entrepreneurs.
Beverage School is open exclusively to attendees of BevNET Live who are new (or relatively new) beverage company entrepreneurs. There is no additional cost for the program. Supplier companies may attend Beverage School for $199/person.
The program is limited to approximately 100 attendees.
If you have already signed up for BevNET Live and wish to attend Beverage School, please notify Jon Landis TODAY.
Here is the agenda in full:
Registration (12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
Introduction to Beverage School (12:30 p.m. – 12:40 p.m.)
Ray Latif, Managing Editor, BevNET
The Journey of a Beverage Entrepreneur: (12:40 p.m. – 1:10 p.m)
Bill Creelman, Founder, Spindrift
What Your Branding Partner Needs From You (1:10 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.)
Fred Hart, Creative Director, Interact
Best Practices for Working with Distribution Partners as You Grow (1:40 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.)
Jerry Reda, Chief Operating Officer, Big Geyser
Intermission (2:10 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
Roundtable Networking Session (2:30 p.m – 4:00 p.m.)
Open platform for Q&A and discussion with experts in various areas of the beverage industry.
- Legal & Regulatory — Justin Prochnow, Partner, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Staffing & Hiring — Sean Conner, Chief Progress Officer, BevForce
- Package Design — Fred Hart, Creative Director, Interact
- Broker Strategy — Bill Sipper, Managing Partner, Cascadia Managing Brands
- Packaging & Sourcing — Michael Zuckerman, Principal, Zuckerman-Honickman
- Business Planning — Bob Burke, Founder, Natural Products Consulting
- Natural Channel Strategies — Daniel Lohman, Founder, Category Management Solutions
- Distribution Strategies — Andy Stallone, CEO, SAS Sales & Marketing
- Product Formulation — Debbie Wildrick, Chief Strategy Officer, MetaBrand
- Conventional Grocery Channel Strategies — John Maggiore, Owner, Maggiore Sales