NEW YORK, Oct. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — On October 23, Absolut unveiled the Absolut Electrik House – a next-level house party utilizing the energy levels of house guests to unlock a series of epic rooms and experiences, from a kitchen equipped with drone bartenders to a larger-than-life backyard performance from Empire of the Sun.
Inspired by Absolut Electrik, the vodka brand’s latest limited edition bottles available in silver and electric blue, the Absolut Electrik House builds on the original mission of the Absolut Nights campaign to explore and push the boundaries of nightlife – whether at home or out on the town – beyond its limits.
“At Absolut, we recognize and celebrate various forms of nightlife, including the simple, yet complex, dichotomy of going out or staying in,” said Joao Rozario, VP of Marketing, Absolut, Pernod Ricard USA. “We created the Absolut Electrik House to exemplify what the next iteration of nightlife can be and how Absolut can help transform nights, in or out, from ordinary to extraordinary.”
Absolut Electrik House: Harnessing Energy to Unlock the Unexpected
Absolut Electrik House was created as a one-of-a-kind house party where the people made the party – literally. A series of what appeared to be standard rooms, including a kitchen, den, living room, garage and backyard, suddenly transformed in response to the rising creative, physical and kinetic energy of house guests.
To measure the ebbs and flows of party attendees’ energy, Absolut partnered with fashion and technology brand, StudioXO, to create custom biometric bracelets. When collective energy levels reached critical mass, a surprise backyard performance was unlocked featuring Empire of the Sun set against a larger-than-life, electrified Absolut Electrik bottle designed by Tesla Motors.
“Music is an intrinsic part of nightlife – it brings people together and serves as a catalyst for raising the energy of a crowd to create out-of-this-world experiences,” said Emperor Steele of Empire of the Sun. “Absolut Electrik House gave us the stage to connect directly with the energy of the crowd; putting our performance in the hands of our fans, like never before.”
The transcendent performance is a follow up to the inclusion of Empire of the Sun’s single, “Welcome To My Life,” which premiered in an Absolut Nights digital and TV creative earlier this summer. Footage captured from Absolut Electrik House will serve as the creative featured in Absolut’s new TV advertising launching in late 2015, replacing the current content included in the Absolut Nights films.
How to Turn Your Own Night or House Party Electrik
Each room in the Absolut Electrik House featured an innovative twist on elements from a traditional house party, turning conventional “house rules” on their head:
- Absolut Electrik House Rule #1: Shake up your drink strategy.
- The Electrik House Way: Drone bartenders flying through the kitchen shaking up Absolut Electrik cocktails.
- Your Way: Plan ahead by batching two or three cocktails before the party to shake up your average vodka-soda bar. Display them right before guests arrive for the ultimate house party win-win: impressed guests and more time for you to hit the dancefloor.
- Absolut Electrik House Rule #2: Step out of the auto-shuffle comfort zone.
- The Electrik House Way: Robot band in the garage and Empire of the Sun in the backyard.
- Your Way: Instead of hogging the auxiliary cord, invite people to rotate as guest DJ’s throughout the night to get people on the dancefloor.
- Absolut Electrik House Rule #3: Swim upstream in a sea of selfie-sameness.
- The Electrik House Way: A statically charged floor produced hair-raising Instagrams – literally.
- Your Way: Have a blank wall? Turn it into an Insta-worthy photo backdrop – bonus points for props, custom hashtags and selfie-sticks.
- Absolut Electrik House Rule #4: Clear the (dance)floor.
- The Electrik House Way: A smart dancefloor turned the living room into a living room – the more you moved, the more it grooved.
- Your Way: Move furniture out of the way to create a makeshift dancefloor, giving your guests the go-ahead to get down.
Looking for even more ways to turn tonight “electrik?” Consumers can find inspiration for transforming even more of their nights by:
- Turning their nights electrik with the Absolut Electrik bottles in silver and electric blue. Absolut Electrik is available nationwide for an MSRP of $19.99 (750mL) and $24.99 (1L).
- Enter for a chance to win a piece of the Absolut Electrik House by entering the Absolut Electrik House Giveaway on Instagram@AbsolutVodka_Us to win prizes like a neon bar sign, two wheel electric scooter or an electric guitar. Starting October 26, 2015, no purchase necessary, 21+, US residents only, official rules at http://absolutelectrik.house.
ABSOLUT® VODKA. Product of Sweden. 40% Alc./Vol. Distilled From Grain. © 2015 Imported by Absolut Spirits Co., New York, NY.
About Pernod Ricard USA®
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S., and the largest subsidiary of Paris, France-based Pernod Ricard SA, which employs a workforce of nearly 19,000 people worldwide and is listed on the NYSE Euronext exchange (Ticker: RI).
The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as Absolut® Vodka, Chivas Regal® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson® Irish Whiskey, Malibu®, Kahlúa® Liqueur, Beefeater® Gin, Plymouth™ Gin, Seagram’s Extra Dry Gin®, Martell® Cognac, Hiram Walker® Liqueurs, Pernod®, Ricard® and Avión™ Tequila; such superior wines as Jacob’s Creek®, Kenwood® Vineyards and Brancott Estate®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa® sparkling wines.
Pernod Ricard USA is based in New York, New York, and has roughly 850 employees across the country. Pernod Ricard USA urges all adults to consume its products responsibly and has an active campaign to promote responsible drinking. For more information on this, please visit: www.acceptresponsibility.org.