PORTLAND, Ore., June 2015 – Shaking and stirring classic and modern tropical cocktails just got easier, and more delicious, with B.G. Reynolds Tropical Mixers and Syrups developed by Blair Reynolds, a Portland, Ore. mixologist and owner of the popular Tiki-inspired bar, Hale Pele. The new line of cocktail mixers includes the classic Mai Tai, Jet Pilot and Zombie Punch, all ready to mix with your favorite aged rum or other spirit. Reynolds also redesigned the look of his tropical specialty syrups, ranging from Falernum with ginger, clove and almond to Lush Grenadine with pomegranate and hibiscus, and Tiki Spices with Jamaican pimento berry and Madagascar vanilla.
“There are few greater authorities on mixing the perfect Tiki cocktail than Blair Reynolds,” says Jeffrey Morgenthaler, bar manager at Clyde Common and Pépé Le Moko in Portland, Ore. and author of The Bar Book: Elements of Cocktail Technique. “We use his syrups exclusively at my bars to create timeless, perfectly balanced cocktails every night.”
New Mixers Create Tropical Cocktails on the Go
Reynolds’ inspiration for his new tropical cocktail mixers came from his own Tiki-inspired bar, Hale Pele, in Portland, Ore. “The new mixers make it easy for tropical cocktail lovers to mix and go,” said Reynolds. “These classic cocktails are complex to recreate at home since there are so many steps and exotic ingredients to source. At B.G. Reynolds, we offer a simple, yet authentic way to blend both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at home.” The new cocktail mixers are available in a 750-ml bottle online and in specialty stores in the Pacific Northwest. The MSRP is $15.99. “The best ratio for mixing is two parts mixer to one part spirit, but we always recommend mixing to taste and adding a splash of soda water to bring out the flavors.”
B.G. Reynolds Mixers include:
- Mai Tai – one of the powerhouse potables in the tropical bartender’s little black book. Originating from Oakland, Calif., this is the drink that really put tropical cocktails on the map. B. G. Reynolds’ Original Orgeat makes for sweet, floral flavors while tart lime and smooth orange mellow out the mix for the ultimate flavor. Mix with some crushed ice and your favorite aged rum for a taste of the tropics in a glass.
- Jet Pilot – get ready for take-off with this rich mixture of citrus, cinnamon and spice! Only the best ingredients go into making this world-class mixer. Pair with your favorite aged rum.
- Zombie Punch – this potent punch of flavor is based on the original 1934 recipe for the drink that started the first Tiki revolution. Hints of tropical flavors from pomegranate, grapefruit, lime and clove stir your spirits and awaken your tastebuds. Mix with any potent rum.
Tropical Syrups with All-Natural Ingredients
B.G. Reynolds mixers and syrups are made from high-quality, all-natural ingredients in small batches at its Portland, Ore. production facility. “Our syrups let bartenders make the classic cocktails that call for ingredient combinations that are time consuming and complicated to prepare night after night,” said Reynolds. “Classic tropical drinks are becoming more popular on bar menus, and my housemade quality syrups save time and give the bartender a consistent flavor for every cocktail.”
With nationally-recognized bars such as Trader Sam’s in the Disney Polynesian Resort and Houston’s Anvil Bar and Refuge using his handcrafted syrups, Reynolds knows there is a niche for his syrups for both home cocktail enthusiasts and craft bartenders who want to experiment with flavor combinations without the extra step of mixing the raw ingredients. “We’re lucky to be able to source some of the best ingredients on the planet for the syrups, so bartenders can be assured they have the best syrups available behind their bar,” said Reynolds. The syrups are available in 750 ml ($20.00 MSRP) and 375 ml ($11.99 MSRP) bottles at select retailers and online. Wholesale prices available for professional use.
- G. Reynolds Syrups include:
- Lime Cordial – lime sweetened with Demerara sugar
- Falernum – ginger, clove, almond and fresh lime
- Lush Grenadine – pomegranate with hibiscus aromatics
- Paradise Blend – tart Barbados grapefruit and spicy Asian cinnamon
- Wild Ginger – exotic and earthy spices
- Cinnamon – Ceylon cinnamon and spicy cassia
- Divine Vanilla – real vanilla beans
- Original Orgeat – French sweetener made with almonds and cane sugar
- Rich Demerara – a perfectly balanced syrup using Demerara sugar
- Passion Fruit – yellow passion fruit
- Tiki Spices – Jamaican pimento berry and Madagascar vanilla
ABOUT B.G. REYNOLDS
B.G. Reynolds features a line of tropical syrups and mixers for the at-home and professional bartender passionate about the timeless art of making the exceptional tropical cocktail. Each cocktail syrup and mixer is authentically crafted with fresh ingredients, original technique and a passion for true Tiki culture. The mastermind behind B.G. Reynolds, Blair Reynolds, is a devoted Tiki drink aficionado, entrepreneur and innovative bartender. As the owner of Hale Pele in Portland, Ore., Reynolds is dedicated to sharing his passion for tropical libations and Tiki culture by creating new products and supporting others in their Tiki quest. For more information and store locations, please visit www.bgreynolds.com.