From a comparative look at financial models for growing beverage companies to a special session seeking to address ongoing challenges to diversity at the upper reaches of the beverage industry, BevNET Live’s Breakout Sessions continue their tradition of offering depth and variety for beverage entrepreneurs to consider and enjoy.
As with years past, the Breakout Sessions will take case studies in strategy and execution and allow attendees the chance to break them down in unique, informal settings, exploring ideas including:
- A play-by-play discussion on the challenges of transitioning brands from natural/specialty channels to conventional grocery accounts from Neil Kimberley, the VP of Strategy & Development at Essentia Water and Debbie Wildrick, the Chief Strategy Officer of Metabrand. With Essentia fully straddling the line between conventional and natural accounts as it broadens its consumer message and distribution pattern, attendees will hear how it is done from inside a current case study.
- A discussion comparing the ways that brands like Suja Juice and Spindrift Beverages have planned for fundraising cycles, with CEOs Jeff Church and Bill Creelman, along with guidance from Whipstitch Capital’s Mike Burgmaier on how entrepreneurs can anticipate their own funding needs and model their companies accordingly, with an understanding that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to creating a successful company.
- A detailed, two-part session on global consumer purchasing and consumption trends provided by event sponsor Tetra-Pak, giving attendees thoughts about marketing products on an international basis.
- Boards, Leaders, and Communications: find out how to communicate with your board without it ruining your life — and what board members want to do to help you improve company performance, with beverage company veterans Alan Murray and Brad Barnhorn, as well as attorney Jeremy Halpern.
- The science of flavor infusions, and the best way to employ them to create compelling products, with product formulator Rachel Zemser (sponsored by Draco).
- A breakdown of a prime example of successful in-market beverage company/DSD cooperation, seen through the playbook of Aquahydrate Water and its Arizona distributor, Hensley.
- Thoughts on the ways that beverage suppliers, distributors, and retailers can improve their approach to creating a more diverse industry — and activate new lines of innovation and consumption along the way — in a discussion led by BevNET Editor-in-Chief Jeffrey Klineman.
BevNET Live breakouts are held in two sessions on the afternoon of Monday, Dec. 7, between 1:45 and 3:30 p.m. To plan your schedule, please check the agenda.
Very few tickets remain for BevNET Live Winter 2015. Click to Register.
About BevNET Live
BevNET Live is a two-day forum for beverage entrepreneurs, suppliers, distributors, retailers and investors to gather and exchange ideas through interactive panels, lectures, and networking. Attendees can tap the expertise of investment professionals on ways to attract funding, successful brand owners about their inspiring stories, and the BevNET.com community, which has spent a decade dedicating itself to careful reporting on the fast-moving beverage industry. BevNET LIVE offers extensive and in-depth programming. More than just a conference, BevNET LIVE includes exclusive offerings, such as the BevNET LIVE Expo, The New Beverage Showdown, Sampling Bar, Beverage School, and more.