Excited to utilize years of serving the growth needs of the entrepreneurial beverage community for the benefit of an overlapping consumables sector, BevNET is delighted to announce its inaugural Food and Beverage University (FBU) Boston, its one-day business education and networking event. FBU Boston will take place on March 27 at the Artists for Humanity EpiCenter at 100 W. 2nd St. in the Fort Point Channel neighborhood of Boston.
Mixing the experience of company founders with the expertise of industry professionals, FBU Boston will offer early-stage food and beverage entrepreneurs an unprecedented understanding of all aspects of building a scalable business. Attendees can expect a clear-eyed look at the challenges they will face, as well as the knowledge they need to reach product development and sales milestones that can summon the good fortune of broad distribution and investment behind a hit brand.
Topics to be covered during the full-day program will range from those rudimentary design, sales and marketing, and production elements that are required of any new enterprise to distribution and retail launch strategies. Entrepreneurs and financial advisors will provide thorough understanding of the capital requirements food and beverage companies need for growth and sustainability, and the best ways to access potential investors at various stages of company maturity.
To support the kickoff of FBU Boston, BevNET has already assembled an initial team of speakers and panelists from across the country that is unsurpassed in its experience and skill at building food and beverage companies from small enterprises to large-scale successes. Speakers include:
- Perry Abbenante, CMO and General Manager, Stonefire; former VP of Marketing, Pretzel Crisps; former Senior Global Director, Grocery, Whole Foods Market
- Janica Lane, Managing Director, Healthy, Active and Sustainable Living Investment Banking, Piper Jaffray & Co.
- Bob Burke, founder, Natural Products Consulting; co-author, Natural Products Field Manual
- Mike Burgmaier, Managing Director, Silverwood Partners
- Shane Emmett, CEO, Health Warrior, Inc.
- Paula Grant, Founding Partner, Flood Creative
- Charlie Moro, President, CFS Consulting Group; former VP of Marketing-Business Development, Tree of Life Company; former Senior Buyer, Target
Alongside panelists and speaker presentations, FBU will feature several networking opportunities for attendees to meet with speakers, BevNET’s own experts, and the universe of retailers, distributors, investors and suppliers that comprise the universe of the food and beverage entrepreneur.
In launching FBU, BevNET is expanding the educational platform it first formed with Beverage School, a business development series that it has run for the benefit of new beverage entrepreneurs and their employees since 2009. BevNET’s track record in providing relevant business development content is evident through its video subscription service at Food & Beverage University (www.BevNETFBU.com), a collection of focused interviews with CPG experts that offer insight into all levels of strategy for food and beverage product entrepreneurs.
Pay attention for more speaker and agenda announcements, as well as more detailed description of course content. And prepare to launch with the head start that comes from owning knowledge of the road ahead.
Early registration for the event is now open through February 23, at which point the cost to attend increases by $50/person. Pricing is as follows:
- Food or beverage companies less than 2 years old: $249/person
- Food or beverage companies greater than 2 years old: $299/person
- All other business types, including service & supplier companies: $499/person