BRAND TEAMS UP WITH SOFIA VERGARA TO DELIVER FUN, FIZZ AND FLAIR TO WOMEN EVERYWHERE
PURCHASE, NY., August 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Women have a thirst for fun and a love affair with flair, according to a new Diet Pepsi survey. The Diet Pepsi Fun Report reveals that nearly three-quarters of women (72 percent) are literally craving more fun in their lives, while 56 percent believe that adding more flair (e.g., great shoes, bright lipsticks, trendy accessories) brings more fun. To help quench that thirst and quell that craving, Diet Pepsi is launching the Sip in Style Sweepstakes.
From now through September 22, Diet Pepsi fans can enter for the chance to win prizes big and small at www.DietPepsi.com. From lipsticks and refreshing fizz to a once in a lifetime fun-filled experience, including a wardrobe makeover by Sofia Vergara’ s personal stylist along with a $1,000 shopping spree in New York City, the opportunities for fun, fizz and flair abound at DietPepsi.com.
“No one should have to work so hard to add more fun into their lives,” said Sofia Vergara. “That’s why I’m happy to help Diet Pepsi bubble up the fun for women everywhere.”
Highlights from the Diet Pepsi Report:
- Women in the West edge out the rest when it comes to fun. Thirty-seven percent of women in the West say they have just enough fun each day, compared to 34 percent of those in the Northeast, 29 percent in the Midwest and 28 percent in the South.
- Women in the Northeast and Midwest crave even more fun than most. Seventy-six of women in the Northeast and 76 percent of women in the Midwest crave fun, while 70 percent of those in the West and 68 percent of those in the South crave fun.
- Women in the South are more likely to instigate fun. Fifteen percent of women in the South say that when it comes to fun, they are instigators, compared to 12 percent of those in the West that say they are instigators and 9 percent each in the Northeast and Midwest.
- Fun or Fiction? If you’re reading a social media post from a woman who lives in the Northeast, it’s hard to know if she’s really having fun, since 33 percent report sharing fictionalized fun. Having fun with a co-worker? Don’t count on it. Sixty-five percent of women reported that they pretend to have fun at a work event or activity.
- Want fun? Add flair. When women are looking to dial up the fun they most often turn to jewelry (45 percent), followed by great shoes (27 percent) and bright lipstick or gloss (18 percent).
“This survey confirms what Diet Pepsi has known all along; women are craving a little more fun in their lives,” said Angelique Krembs, vice president, TM Pepsi Marketing. “Diet Pepsi is encouraging women everywhere to take a much needed break and add a little refreshing fun to their day!”
About The Diet Pepsi Fun Report
This survey was executed by KRC Research on behalf of Diet Pepsi and Weber Shandwick. KRC conducted a total of 500 interviews among women ages 25+ in the US. All interviews were conducted online between August 7 and 9, 2012.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo’s people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo’s promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.