Intro to Intellectual Property for the Beverage Industry
This video (which is not intended to be legal advice about a specific legal problem) covers topics related to regulation, labeling, functional claims, and other legal aspects specific to the beverage industry. Learn about what the role of the FDA and FTC are and how to best prepare your beverage for being in compliance.
- Legal & Regulatory
- Run Time
- 12 minutes 55 seconds
- Last Updated
- The following information is not intended to convey legal advice about a specific legal problem, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This information is provided with the understanding that if specific legal advice is required, the services of the presenter can be sought by contacting him.
Table of Contents
- What are the typical legal issues that a beverage company deals with and how should I prepare for them?
- What's the difference between ™ and ® and ©?
- How do I determine if I'm free to use the name that I've created for my product?
- Does my product or brand identity require a patent?
- What's the difference between a patent and a trademark?
- What concerns should I have about my IP internationally?
- What's my exposure to California Consumer Protection laws?
- What's the difference between ™ and ®?
- How do I register my product for a trademark?
- What happens if I continue to sell a product after an FDA warning?