Fundraising: Investors & Legal Aspects
Are you looking to raise capital using a crowdfunding platform and have questions about potential investors? Make sure to watch these segments from Katie Fitzgerald of CircleUp discussing where your investors will come from and what's most important to them.
Table of Contents
- How can I get potential investors see my product or company fundraising efforts?
- Where will my backers or investors come from? Are there consistent users on a crowdfunding site or will my marketing efforts drive investors to my campaign?
- What is important to investors?
- Can I place limitations on how much an investor can contribute?
- How will I manage my new investors post raise?
- I believe I have a unique offering and want to keep the idea out of the public eye until funding has completed. Can I limit access to my investment-product offering?
- Will investors be able to see other investors who have contributed to my goals?
- If I have angel investors or friends & family that are interested in funding my new business, should I direct them to my crowdfunding efforts or take separate investments?
- What happened if I have to close my business or cease operations after I’ve completed my raise?
- What if my chosen crowdfunding website closes after I’ve completed my raise?
- Should I seek legal counsel when crowdfunding?