Course: Identifying Opportunities for Innovation and Brand Extensions
- Should the push to extend come from the supply side or demand side?
- How do I define what product categories my brand can extend to?
- What are some of the short term and long term consequences I should consider when extending my line or brand?
- How long can it take to start seeing whether my brand or line extension is successful? What are some key metrics I should be looking at?
- Would you have an example of a successful and not so successful extension in the food and beverage industry?
- How does brand extension differ from line extension?
- What should I ask myself to determine whether I should extend my line or brand?
- When is a good time for extending your line of products? What factors go into determining this?
- What are the benefits and risks associated with extensions?
- Are distributors and retailers more likely to carry my extended line or brand since they are familiar with my brand?