Beverage Processing: Working With a High Pressure Processing Toller
Morgan McArthur of Hope Fresh (HPP) Toll Processing discusses the finer points of High Pressure Processing and working with a Toll Processor.
Table of Contents
- What are some available processes to make a raw product safe and extend shelf life?
- Are beverages the only thing that can be High Pressure Processed?
- Is there a difference in flavor profile between pasteurization with heat vs. without?
- What’s the process of obtaining an HPP toller for my product?
- Are there certain run minimums that are required from HPP tollers?
- Can a toller do more than just HPP my product?
- What are my options nationally in terms of getting my product High Pressure Processed?
- What are some common issues that brands should be aware of when considering HPP?
- Are most HPP Tollers also producers of their own brands and products?
- What would a typical timeline for getting a product High Pressure Processed?