Insurance: Brewery Coverage 101
Are you thinking about starting a brewery but worried about all the potential hazards that arise from building and operating? One way to mitigate that risk is to obtain the proper insurance. Courtney Nelson of Bidwell Insurance covers all you'll need to know when opening a brewery and your insurance options.
Table of Contents
- What are some typical types of insurance coverage options for a start-up brewery?
- What can affect the cost or the ability to obtain insurance for a start-up brewery?
- I’m looking to reclaim an old building for my start-up brewery, how does this impact obtaining insurance?
- How many insurance companies are there that insure breweries?
- What types of coverage are typical for a brewery?
- What are some differences between insurance companies that could cover my start-up brewery?
- Why should I call an insurance broker that specializes in breweries?
- Has the rapid growth in the craft beer industry impacted the insurance industry? And if so, how?
- Even without past experience can I still obtain insurance for my new brewery?
- How does my insurance policy change over time for my brewery?
- How much on average does an insurance policy cost when starting a brewery?
- Do insurance companies have any concerns regarding the use of plastic kegs?
- Do brewery tours increase my risk and cost for my insurance policy?
- Can I get insurance for trademark infringement?
- When do I need to get workers comp insurance?
- If I contract brew my beer with a third party, what kinds of insurance should I consider?
- What are some preemptive steps I can complete to be prepared in case there is a claim?