Kona Berry Blast Smoothie and Kona Berry Bowl made with KonaRed™ “Hawaiian Superfruit”
HONOLULU, HAWAII—July 30, 2012 — Jamba Hawaii’s research and development team headed back to the blenders to create two new Hawaii exclusive products made with KonaRed™, a beverage that is uniquely sourced from the Hawaii coffee fruit which is dried and condensed into a liquid, then blended with other delicious fruits.
The Kona Berry Blast™ Smoothie and Kona Berry Bowl™ will be available at all 32 Jamba Hawaii locations (excluding the UH Campus) starting Thursday, August 2, 2012.
As part of the Duke’s OceanFest, which is held each summer in Waikiki in honor of Hawaiian Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, Jamba will donate 25 cents from the sale of each Kona Berry Blast and Kona Berry Bowl to the OceanFest Charities (up to $6,000 from August 2 through August 31, 2012).
KonaRed™ has been called the Hawaiian Superfruit because of its naturally occurring antioxidants (vitamin C & E) and natural energy. KonaRed™ is a sustainable product that utilizes the previously unused fruit portion of the coffee plant providing additional value to the Hawaii coffee industry and its farmers. No coffee beans are used, only the red ripe fruit.
The new KonaRed™ lineup includes:
- Kona Berry Blast™ – this new smoothie is blended with KonaRed™ juice, soymilk, raspberry sherbet, strawberries, blueberries and a Jamba Antioxidant Boost™. Available in 16 oz., Original and Power Size, starting at $4.45 on Oahu (slightly higher in Waikiki and neighbor islands).
- Kona Berry Bowl™ – a delicious addition to the current Jamba “Bowl” lineup, the Kona Berry Bowl is blended with KonaRed™ juice, soymilk, bananas, strawberries and blueberries and is topped with organic granola and fresh bananas. Available in a 16 oz. or original size bowl and prices start at $5.50.
To celebrate Jamba and KonaRed™ collaboration, a Launch Party is scheduled for:
- Saturday, August 4th from 11 am – 1 pm
- Kahala Mall, Center Stage – 4211 Waialae Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96816
- Live Entertainment with Roy Sakuma Ukulele, 24/7 Dance Force, Magic by Kaulana and DJ Kool E
- Henry Kapono, KonaRed Ambassador, will sign autographs between 12 noon to 1 pm
- FREE photos with Jamba BananaMan at the Photobooth!
- FREE samples — Jamba smoothies and KonaRed™ beverages
- Spin the Jamba Prize Wheel for great prizes!
KonaRed CEO, Shaun Roberts, states, “We couldn’t be happier about our partnership with Jamba Juice. Aligning ourselves with Jamba Juice further increases our brand presence in our home, the Hawaiian Isands!”
In 2009, KonaRed’s executive team, led by CEO and Co-Founder Shaun Roberts, set out to study the health benefits of the coffee fruit in conjunction with Kona’s major coffee producers. After months of tests that identified the coffee fruit’s highly-beneficial antioxidant properties, KonaRed was developed to bring this King of Superfruits to the market. Now available at most major retailers in Hawaii and the West Coast! For more information, please visit www.konared.com, or call 808.212.1553. We also invite fans to “Like” us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or watch us on YouTube.