GLENVIEW, Ill. — School’s out for summer and that can only mean one thing: it’s officially lemonade stand season! As temperatures rise, Country Time Lemonade is inviting families nationwide to join in the fun and help launch the “Great American Lemonade Stand-tacular” while supporting a very worthy cause.
STIR, SELL & SUPPORT…ONE CUP AT A TIME
Families can join the Country Time Lemonade “Great American Lemonade Stand-tacular” online and download its free “Stand Plan” – a creative and user-friendly guide that gives parents all the information they need to help their kids build the best stand, while teaching them a little bit about business basics. Country Time will donate $5 (up to $50,000) to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation to help fight childhood cancer for every family lemonade stand photo uploaded to the Great American Lemonade Stand-tacular’s Facebook page this summer.
“Hosting a lemonade stand during the hot summer months offers kids a fun, constructive and rewarding activity that parents can feel great about,” said Gregg Horvat , brand manager of Country Time Lemonade. “Country Time is synonymous with lemonade stands everywhere, so we are thrilled to give families everything they need, in addition to delicious lemonade, to host a world-class stand this summer.
“STAND PLAN” SNEAK PEEK
So how do you quickly learn how to host the most stellar stand on the block? The free Country Time Stand Plan offers everything from easy lemonade stand tips, checklists and goal-setting tools to get you started. Here’s what’s included:
- Lemonade Stand Check List: We have you covered! From the pitcher to the stirring spoon, your kids will be ready to sell in no time. A well-stocked and organized stand pays, literally!
- “Sip Tips:” Useful anecdotes that will help your kids achieve the most stand-tacular stand in town. Tips range from decoration ideas, to helpful tools and techniques for kids to ‘learn the biz’ including marketing ideas, calculating profit and customer service advice.
- Recipes: When life hands you lemons, make lemonade…and then make some Frosted Pink Lemonade Cookies and other treats! Yummy baked goods made with Country Time Drink Mixes are a fun and delicious surprise to sell at your kid’s lemonade stand.
- “Stand Stuff:” A few extra personal touches will set your child’s stand apart and give it a festive feel, including table tents, banners, container belts, coasters, and more!
- “Masters of Lemonomics”: The “Stand Plan” includes special certificates for kids who choose to donate their proceeds to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation – they can become “Masters of Lemonomics Good-Heartedness.”
Once you have mastered your Stand Plan, don’t forget to upload a photo of your kids’ lemonade stand at Facebook.com/CountryTime to trigger a $5 donation to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation.
Through the Great American Lemonade Stand-tacular, Country Time will be supporting other key fundraising events including Midwest Lemonade Days in Kansas City, MO, and Alex’s Original Lemonade Stand event in Philadelphia, PA, the charity’s marquee annual event. Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation has raised more than $60 million toward fulfilling Alex’s dream of finding a cure for childhood cancers and funded more than 300 research projects nationally.
ABOUT KRAFT FOODS GROUP
Kraft Foods Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: KRFT) is one of North America’s largest consumer packaged food and beverage companies, with annual revenues of more than $18 billion. With the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse, Kraft has an unrivaled portfolio of products in the beverages, cheese, refrigerated meals and grocery categories. Its iconic brands include Kraft, Maxwell House, Oscar Mayer , Philadelphia, Planters, Velveeta, Capri Sun, JELL-O and Lunchables. Kraft’s 23,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada have a passion for making the foods and beverages people love. Kraft is a member of the Standard & Poor’s 500 and the NASDAQ-100 indices.
ABOUT ALEX’S LEMONADE STAND FOUNDATION
Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott (1996-2004). In 2000, 4-year-old Alex announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to raise money to help find a cure for all children with cancer. Since Alex held that first stand, the Foundation bearing her name has evolved into a national fundraising movement, complete with thousands of supporters across the country carrying on her legacy of hope. To date, Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a registered 501(c)3 charity, has raised more than $60 million toward fulfilling Alex’s dream of finding a cure, funding over 300 pediatric cancer research projects nationally.