NEW YORK— Dirty Lemon announces the launch of +valerian, a natural sleep remedy designed to help you achieve a full night’s beauty rest. Featuring a 400 mcg dose of Valerian Root, often referred to as “nature’s Valium,” the +valerian formula draws its function from a combination of calming botanicals and magnesium known to promote drowsiness and mental relaxation while also supporting cellular rejuvenation. The flavor of +valerian is clean, delightful and subtly earthy with soothing notes of chamomile and hydrating rose water.
“When we sleep we allow our body the time it needs to repair and restore itself from the toxins that bombard us throughout the day,” says Dr. Laurie Brodsky, HBSc, ND. “By enhancing our sleep quality with the help of +valerian, we can increase the amount of time spent in the deep, restorative stages of sleep which have been shown to positively affect both mental and physical health.”
● Valerian Root, promotes a more restful slumber by providing a mild sedative effect and when enhanced by Lemon Balm protects GABA, a neurotransmitter that eases fear and anxiety, from being destroyed
● Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, a highly absorbable, more bioavailable form of magnesium, which suppresses physiological and physical stress by lowering cortisol levels and maintaining serotonin, making it easier to relax
● Lemon Balm, increases the availability of the amino acid GABA in the brain to prevent overactivity while initiating a healthy immune response
● Passion Flower, is known to be a muscle relaxant, easing away tension that can make it more difficult to drift off to sleep
● The signature Dirty Lemon base of Purified Water, Organic Lemon Juice, Lou Han Guo, Ocean Minerals and Himalayan Pink Sea Salt (electrolytes)
● To Improve Sleep Quality, Valerian Root, the perennial herb whose usage dates back to ancient Greece, contains a number of compounds including valerenic acid found to inhibit the breakdown of GABA in the brain resulting in feelings of calmness and tranquility
● To Provide Stress Relief and Ease Anxiety, Lemon Balm promotes a sense of balance in the nervous system, calming restlessness and irritability while Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelatehelps provide a peaceful effect particularly for those who suffer from magnesium deficiency
● To Promote Glowing Skin, Bulgarian Rose and Chamomile packed with key antioxidants and essential vitamins, help soothe irritated skin and neutralize free radicals thanks to their anti-inflammatory properties while keeping skin supple and moisturized
Dr. Laurie Brodsky, HBSc, ND
Dirty Lemon’s in-house naturopath, Dr. Laurie Brodsky, is a state-licensed and board-certified Naturopathic Doctor whose focus is redefining health and wellness utilizing integrative medicine. Dr. Brodsky’s unique and powerful approach to healing addresses the root cause of illness, applying all-natural, safe and effective foods, supplemental therapies, remedies and techniques to support the body’s individual, innate and superior ability to heal from the inside-out.
About Dirty Lemon
Dirty Lemon was created to meet the evolving taste and preference of the modern consumer. The brand offers a range of innovative, ready-to-drink beverages to improve customers’ everyday routine. Each beverage incorporates high quality, functional ingredients that have been used in the naturopathic space for decades, blended with a base of organic lemon juice, ocean minerals and pink Himalayan pink sea salt (a natural source of electrolytes). Each beverage has less than 30 calories and less than one gram of sugar. The company’s SMS-based distribution technology enables seamless communication with customers and frictionless access to its portfolio of beverages. Since its unprecedented launch in 2015, Dirty Lemon has sold over 2 million bottles to more than 100,000 customers worldwide.
About Iris Nova
Founded in 2018, Iris Nova, Latin for “new lens,” is the parent company to Dirty Lemon and the first company in the world to sell its product through a direct-to-consumer conversational commerce(cCommerce) model, which interacts with customers exclusively via text message. Iris Nova’s disruptive distribution strategy enables the company to meet the rapidly evolving tastes and preference of the modern consumer. Iris Nova first introduced this sales channel in 2015 with Dirty Lemon, and has since expanded its portfolio to include The Drug Store, with two additional beverage concepts launching in2019.