One Day Boot Camp and Networking Event:
“Financing Your Consumer Product Company”
Natural, Organic, Specialty, Retail and Premium
June 12, 2014; 8am – 4:30pm, Chicago, IL
The Natural Products Consulting Institute (NPCI) announces a comprehensive seminar and networking event led by industry veterans Bob Burke from NPCI and Michael Burgmaier from Silverwood Partners. The seminar will also feature expert speakers: institutional and strategic investors 2X Consumer Product Growth Partners and General Mills Ventures; Bill Weiland, an experienced angel investor and strategic investor through Boulder Brands Investment Group; crowd-funding leader CircleUp; debt provider K2 Financing; consumer-focused investment bank Silverwood Partners; and Bill Creelman, an entrepreneur who has successfully raised capital, for Spindrift Beverage Co. The seminar provides company leaders with an in-depth understanding of what it takes to raise capital, de-mystifies capital-raising terms and provides insights to improve odds for successfully obtaining financing.
- Determining a company’s financing needs
- Aligning the source of capital with a company’s needs
- What’s the game plan over the investment time horizon?
- Finding early-stage capital
- Demystifying valuation
- Angel, Venture Capital and Private Equity Financing
- Crowd-funding or IPO? Viable options?
- Anatomy of a term sheet
- What to expect when working with an institutional investor
- Role of an investment banker
- Materials (business plan, sample presentation, financials, etc….)
- Creating value
- Positioning for exit
Additional expert speakers include:
- Andrew Whitman: Managing Partner, 2X Consumer Product Growth Partners (invested inBeanitos, gDiapers, Orabrush, Tasty Bite, MegaFood & Innate Response and more).
- Bill Weiland: Co-founder, Boulder Brands Investment Group (invested in Suja) and Angel investor; Founder and CEO of the largest natural foods brokerage in the United States, Presence Marketing.
- Meredith Schwarz: Manager, General Mills Ventures, the company’s corporate venturing vehicle.
- Katie Fitzgerald: Business Development Manager, CircleUp, an online investment platform for consumer product and retail companies.
- Keith Kohler: Owner, K2 Financing – debt solutions for consumer products companies.
- Nick McCoy: Managing Director, Silverwood Partners. Nick has over 15 years of experience executing corporate finance transactions and making private equity investments in consumer products companies.
- Bill Creelman: Founder/CEO of Spindrift Beverage Co.; former Co-founder/CEO of Stirrings, Inc. – sold to Diageo. Successfully raised both angel and institutional capital.
This Seminar is sponsored by:
Ignite Sales Management
Nixon Peabody LLP
Nutritional Capital Network
Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP Accountants and Advisors
Bev Force/Food Force
Next Accelerator /New Hope Natural Media
Natural Products Consulting