DRAPER, Utah– Today Swire Coca-Cola, USA announced a series of leadership changes. The changes are part of the company’s long-term leadership succession plan which has been in place for many years.
In announcing the transitions, Swire Coca-Cola’s President and CEO Jack Pelo said, “One of the hallmarks of all Swire companies is the creation of a leadership succession plan. A great deal of thought has been put into the implementation of this plan to ensure we have the right leaders, in the right place, at the right time. I want to ensure new leaders also have time working with and learning from veteran executives.”
The following leadership changes and effective dates were communicated by Swire:
- Effective March 1 Paul Lukanowski will retire as Chief Operating Officer for Swire Coca-Cola, USA. Paul will move into a senior leadership position for BodyArmor. The Coca-Cola Company took a partial ownership position in BodyArmor in 2018.
- Rob Gehring will move from his role as Senior Vice President and General Manager to become Chief Operating Officer. The transition will occur on March 4.
- Rusty Frain will transition from Vice President of Sales Operations to Senior Vice President and General Manager. The transition will occur on March 4.
- Karen Cox will be promoted from Division Vice President for Southern Arizona to Vice President of Sales Operations. The transition will occur on March 4.
- Rocky Christeson will retire from the company as Chief Customer Officer. His retirement is effective March 29.
- Steve Quercia will move from Group Vice President of Channel Sales to become Chief Customer Officer on April 1.
- Successors for the Division Vice President for Southern Arizona and Group Vice President of Channel Sales will be announced soon.
“Our goal over the next few months is to make certain our business continues to perform at the highest level while these leadership changes take place,” continued Pelo. “Without a doubt, it will be difficult to say goodbye to Paul and Rocky as they retire from our company. I have worked closely with both for over two decades. Paul brought strong leadership, in-depth industry knowledge, tremendous relationships and an unmatched passion to succeed to our business. His imprint on our company will be felt for years to come. Rocky’s perspective, competitive drive and deep customer insight will also leave a lasting legacy for all of those who follow in his wake. Rocky has spent the past several years developing talent to prepare for his departure. For that effort, we offer him a debt of gratitude.”
Additional personnel changes will be announced in the coming months.
About Swire Coca-Cola, USA
At Swire Coca-Cola, USA we proudly create the magical feelings, special times and great taste of America’s favorite beverages. Our commitment to excellence guides our actions with our employees, customers, and communities. Swire Coca-Cola, USA produces, sells and distributes Coca-Cola and other beverages, across 13 states. The company’s territory includes parts of Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. With over 6,700 employees and headquarters in Draper, Utah, Swire Coca-Cola, USA is a subsidiary of Swire Pacific Limited (www.swirepacific.com) as part of its beverages division. For more information, visit us at: www.swirecc.com.