- Monster Energy and DUB, a marketing and promotions company that publishes a custom car culture magazine, are launching a resealable 32 oz. energy drink that will promote both brands, according to BrandWeek.
- Major manufacturers have removed high-fructose corn syrup from their foods, and the Corn Refiners Association has staged a media assault aimed at what it perceives to be “misinformation” in the media. AdAge sums up the battle. Link
ON THE SHELVES
- Attempting to burnish its post-workout credentials, Naked Juice has introduced two new additions to its Protein Zone line: Mango and Double Berry.
- Peaceful Remedies, LLC has signed a distribution agreement with Mid Atlantic Distribution covering Maryland, Delaware, Washington, D.C. and North Carolina.
- SPIKE Beverage, LLC. is now distributing Nestlé USA’s leading chilled beverages — Nesquik flavored milk and Coffee-mate non-dairy creamer — in alternative channels throughout the state of Arizona. Link
BRAND MARKETING & PROMOTION
- Hawaiian Springs LLC is paying tribute to its home state on Hawaii’s 50th anniversary with a festive Facebook fan promotion.
- Go Girl Energy Drinks will be a part of Lifetime Television’s “The Balancing Act,” Breast Cancer Awareness Special this October. Link
TRENDS AND STUDIES
- Beet juice increases endurance and can help to extend time of excercise by as much as 16%, according to a new study. Link
- Atlanta-based natural ingredient distributor AHD International now offers a high-quality, Japanese-sourced stevia extract for use in beverages, yogurts and other food snacks. Link
- PepsiAmericas is planning to build Europe’s largest bottling facility west of Bucharest, Romania, according to a press release from the company. The bottler will invest $150 million in the factory, which is scheduled to open on Sept. 1.