- Hint previewed a new carbonated line, Hint Fizz, at the 2011 Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, CA.
- 2011 Beverage Guide from Beverage Spectrum Magazine. Link
- Correction: Due to an editing error, the previous edition of The Flow included a link to an outdated story about Red Bull’s ability to be sold in France. Red Bull has been approved for sale in France. The story has been removed from the posted version.
ON THE SHELVES
- R.W. Knudsen and the Truvia brand of sweetener announced the introduction of R.W. Knudsen Light Juices.
- But they weren’t the only juice line going the Truvia route. Old Orchard Brands announced that its Cranberry Naturals line will also feature six Truvia-sweetened blends. Link
- Rainforest Beverages announced that it has entered into an agreement with Atlas Distributing. Link
- ZUN has announced QuikTrip Nationwide will add ZUN LITE to all 550 plus locations.
- PRE Beverage Co. announced the launch of PRE Probiotic Enhancer Beverages at Albertson’s stores throughout California and Las Vegas, NV. Link
- Mar Cor announced that it has signed a distribution agreement with ELGA LabWater to sell and service ELGA LabWater systems in North America. Link
- Prometheus Springs is now being distributed by Real Soda DSD in Los Angeles. The company has also picked up the Wegman’s and Central Market accounts in Texas.
IN THE MEDIA
- According to Fox 11 in Wisconsin, the Green Bay Packers’ playoff run could boost sales for beverage industry. Link
- Zenith International announced it had developed a report indicating that the “alertness and relaxation” category had reached $521 million internationally. There was no breakdown by country offered in the announcement.
- Coca-Cola travels the globe seeking happiness, consumer buy-in, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Link
LAW, POLICY, AND ADVOCACY
- The U.S. Government Accountability Office suggested increasing the regulatory power of the FDA. Link
BRAND MARKETING & PROMOTION
- Iceland Spring makes its debut on Oprah Winfrey’s Network “Your Own Show”.
- Performance Based Marketing and Attitude Drinks plan to roll-out Phase III to vending machines in approximately 170 fitness centers nationwide. Link
TRENDS AND STUDIES
- Expert trend trackers Packaged Facts and the Center for Culinary Development have published Wellness Ingredients: Culinary Trend Mapping Report. Link
- Reed’s Inc.announced that revenues increased 34% and exceeded $20 million for 2010. Link
- Greiner Packaging now using high-quality servo-controlled UV screen printing for bottles. Link
- Plastic Technologies, Inc. has launched a new free iPhone/iPad app to calculate the final intrinsic viscosity for polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resin. The app is the first of its kind for the plastics packaging industry. Link
- The UK Advertising Standards Authority has ruled that Coca-Cola must not allow a recent advertisement for Vitaminwater to appear again in its current form. Link
- Goodbelly has hired former TetraPak CEO Alan Murray as its new CEO.
- Coca-Cola has a new group of super vending machines in Japan that will give cash prizes. Link
- Cocozona, a 100 percent pure coconut water from AriZona Beverages, is set to release next month. Or is it? This tweet was taken down five minutes later…. Link