PURCHASE, N.Y., June 17, 2009 – PepsiCo’s SoBe Lifewater is set to slither across the country this summer, reaching millions of consumers through an array of bold product and marketing initiatives to further accentuate the hottest brand in the enhanced water category. Riding the wave of its new zero calorie product line and the introduction of its latest flavors – Acai Fruit Punch and Mango Melon – SoBe is set to embark on its most aggressive and widespread marketing campaign, utilizing the hottest social media platforms while leveraging traditional advertising and promotional elements in exciting ways.
The addition of Acai Fruit Punch and Mango Melon complements SoBe’s fast-growing, naturally sweetened zero-calorie product lineup, which includes Fuji Apple Pear, Black and Blue Berry and Yumberry Pomegranate. The new zero-calorie SoBe Lifewater flavors are sweetened with the all-natural, zero-calorie sweetener, PureVia(tm), made from a highly pure extract of the Stevia plant leaf and are infused with a unique mix of antioxidant vitamins C & E, essential B vitamins and herbal ingredients.
“SoBe Lifewater is the ultimate summer accessory, whether you’re at the beach or at a backyard barbeque,” said Angelique Krembs, SoBe marketing director at Pepsi-Cola North America Beverages. “What better time of year to provide consumers more variety in the healthier beverages they seek and exclusive access to the hottest social events.”
SoBe will unveil the following marketing programs beginning in late June, in an effort to engage consumers all summer long, SoBe-style.
* One of PepsiCo’s largest sampling programs to date with multiple markets across the country distributing 3-million samples of SoBe beverages at hot summer events
* Visit sobeworld.com to locate sampling events via Google maps
* SoBe Summer Fridays – weekly parties in New York City featuring rotating media partners and unique themes each week. Friends of SoBe Lifewater on Facebook will have an opportunity to win invitations to the SoBe Summer Friday events as well as check out photos and comments from the weekly parties on SoBe Lifewater’s Facebook page
Tweelife on Twitter
* Trademarked SoBe Twitter aggregator bringing the “best of summer” to online followers at tweelife.com
* Aggregator captures tweets promoting the hottest summer activities, events and trends
* Platform for SoBe to connect with consumers and promote SoBe sampling events, contests and product news
* Follow tweets from Lee the Lizard on twitter.com/sobeworld
* SoBe Summer MC’s (sampling brand ambassadors) will be the face and voice of brand initiatives on Facebook throughout the summer
* New application on SoBe Lifewater’s Facebook page allows friends to gift virtual SoBe Lifewater products to friends, features links to a buy one, get one digital coupon offer and promotes SoBe sampling events via Google maps
* Brand Facebook page (facebook.com/sobe) to feature enticing online games to convey product messaging in fun, engaging ways
* New :15 TV spots featuring the popular SoBe Lizards highlighting the two new zero calorie flavors and the entire zero calorie SoBe Lifewater portfolio. New commercials can be viewed on youtube.com/sobeworld
* New advertising will feature SoBe’s Twitter handle – twitter.com/sobeworld – making SoBe among the first national brands to tag advertising with a Twitter callout
* Out of home campaign in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami and New York, highlighting zero-calorie SoBe Lifewater
Along with SoBe Lifewater, PepsiCo has the nation’s most comprehensive hydration portfolio, including category-leading products under the Gatorade, Propel and Aquafina trademarks. Building upon the company’s non-carbonated beverage advantage, PepsiCo will continue to focus on its entire hydration portfolio throughout the year.
SoBe (www.sobelieve.com) ) is a product of Pepsi-Cola North America Beverages, PepsiCo’s refreshment beverage unit in the United States and Canada. In addition to SoBe beverages, its U.S. brands include Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, IZZE, Mug, Aquafina, Tropicana Twister Soda, Tropicana, and Ocean Spray single-serve juices. PepsiCo also makes and markets North America’s best-selling ready-to-drink iced teas and coffees, respectively, via joint ventures with Lipton and Starbucks. For more information, visit www.pepsiproductfacts.com<http://www.pepsiproductfacts.com/>.
PepsiCo is one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, with 2008 annual revenues of more than $43 billion. The company employs approximately 198,000 people worldwide, and its products are sold in approximately 200 countries. Its principal businesses include: Frito-Lay snacks, Pepsi-Cola beverages, Gatorade sports drinks, Tropicana juices and Quaker foods. The PepsiCo portfolio includes 18 brands that generate $1 billion or more each in annual retail sales. PepsiCo’s commitment to sustainable growth, defined as Performance with Purpose, is focused on generating healthy financial returns while giving back to communities the company serves. This includes meeting consumer needs for a spectrum of convenient foods and beverages, reducing the company’s impact on the environment through water, energy and packaging initiatives, and supporting its employees through a diverse and inclusive culture that recruits and retains world-class talent. PepsiCo is listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com<http://www.pepsico.com/>.
Subscribe to BevNET+NOSH Today
Subscribe today and get access to the leading industry resources in the food & beverage industries. News, trends, industry data, expert analysis and much more.
Access all of these benefits:
- Unlimited access to all content on BevNET.com and NOSH.com
- Exclusive access to hundreds of educational videos
- Watch subscriber-only live programs such as Office Hours