MINNEAPOLIS – Cargill will feature delicious solutions to some of the nation’s most pressing health concerns at SupplySide West, Oct. 10-14, 2011, at The Venetian and The Sands Expo in Las Vegas, Nev. Food and beverage formulators, marketers and manufacturers attending this year’s event will discover Cargill’s many health-promoting ingredient options for managing sodium intake, supporting heart health, joint health, digestive health, healthy blood sugar levels and more.
Attendees who visit booth #22055 can taste-test some of Cargill’s creative prototypes prepared with its proprietary, innovative products including:
- A tasty reduced-sugar marshmallow cream made with Zerose® erythritol, a natural, zero-calorie bulk sweetener, served on chocolate graham crackers made with Isomaltidex® isomalt.
- A flavorful gummy dietary supplement made with Oliggo-Fiber® inulin to support digestive health and help enhance calcium absorption.
- A sports gel prepared with Xtend® sucromalt, a natural, slowly digestible carbohydrate that provides steadier energy delivery and helps maintain a normal blood glucose response.
- Chewy granola bars made with Regenasure® glucosamine, the only vegetarian glucosamine with GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) status produced in the U.S.
- On-the-go drink sticks prepared with FlakeSelect™ sodium reduction system, a great-tasting alternative that can reduce sodium in product formulations by as much as 50 percent.
- Mouth-watering chocolate truffles made with Cargill’s natural sea salt.
“Each year, Cargill arrives at SupplySide West with delicious prototypes made with some of our most innovative ingredients. This October, we will showcase a particularly exceptional array of products – each of which combines functional benefits with mainstream appeal,” said Pam Stauffer, global marketing programs and communications manager, Cargill Health & Nutrition. “We look forward to working with our partners as they explore and develop healthier food and beverage alternatives that address some of today’s most serious health concerns.”
For more information visit www.cargill.com/food
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 130,000 people in 63 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit www.cargill.com.