- SAVE THE DATE: BevNET Live Summer 11, June 6 & 7, 2011 at the Sheraton Tower NYC. Program details coming soon.
- Eric Schnell, Steaz’ co-founder, is launching a new line of functional products called “I AM” Link
- GT Dave discussed regulation, new labels, and the return of his original formula in an interview with the blog “Kombucha Kamp.” Link
ON THE SHELVES
- Campbell Soup Company introduced new V8 Spicy Hot Low Sodium 100% vegetable juice. Link
- Kum & Go Convenience Store Chain adds ZUN LITE to national cooler sets starting Jan 2011. Link
- Thirsty Pig Distribution brings Purple Stuff to Central Florida.
- BAWLS recently added Straub, CA., Banko Beverage, PA., Webb and Gerritsen, WI., R.S. Lipman, TN., Great Micros, ID., Johnson Distributing, WI., Viking Coke, MN. and Eby Brown to their distribution network.
IN THE MEDIA
- The Wall Street Journal discussed PepsiCo’s new Tropolis fruit puree as a bridge between beverages and snacks. Link
TRENDS AND STUDIES
- According to researchers at Washington State University, whey protein beverages lowered blood pressure in young adults. Link
- Jones Soda Co. announced an additional $2.0 million in financing. Link
- First Beverage Group announced that Tata Global Beverages has acquired a majority of First Beverage Group’s shares in the functional water company, Activate. Link
- Struggling with a low share price, Celsius is voluntarily withdrawing its NASDAQ listing. Link
- Russia approved the PepsiCo acquisition of Wimm-Bill-Dann. Link
- Brian Schreckengost, the marketing chief of H.E.R. energy drink (and the man who staged a “Free H.E.R.” rally/marketing bonanza outside of Lindsay Lohan’s jail cell) has left to work for a wine company.