SAN FRANCISCO, CA (May 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/) — Joint Juice, Inc., a leading San Francisco-based joint health beverage company, and legendary quarterback, Joe Montana, today announce a partnership – the Joint Juice challenge. To celebrate turning 55 this year, Joe Montana is encouraging Americans to join him in focusing on their joint health so they can get back to doing the activities that they love to do. To kick off the partnership, Joint Juice, Inc. and the former professional football player launch a contest: “Do What You Love with Joe Montana.” Americans who share their empowering joint health success stories will be entered to win an all-expenses paid trip to spend an afternoon doing their favorite activity with the legendary football star plus $5,000 in cash.
“Joe is the perfect embodiment of what Joint Juice stands for – staying active at any age,” said David Ritterbush, CEO of Joint Juice, Inc. “As a company whose products were originally developed to help athletes, we’re thrilled to join efforts with a football legend. Joe’s healthy joint regimen coupled with his ongoing active lifestyle is a true inspiration. We look forward to a successful partnership that will hopefully motivate people to stay active.”
Do What You Love with Joe Montana – To spread the word about the benefits of maintaining healthy joints, Joint Juice, Inc. and Joe Montana launch a contest inviting Americans to share how a healthy joint regimen has improved their life for an opportunity to win an all-expenses paid trip to spend an afternoon with the legendary football star and $5,000 in cash. To enter, interested participants are encouraged to share their Joint Juice success story at – www.lovejointjuice.com.
Joe Montana’s Joint Health Game Plan – Montana has experienced a range of joint pain as a result of getting older and his 16-year career as a professional football player. A few years ago, the legendary quarterback discovered Joint Juice® products and he noticed an improvement in his stiff joints after drinking Joint Juice® regularly.* Montana’s positive experience jumpstarted his commitment to overall joint health. Renowned orthopaedic surgeon and Joint Juice founder, Kevin R. Stone, M.D., shared additional insightful diet and exercise tips with Montana to provide a complete joint health regimen.
By following Dr. Stone’s advice and drinking Joint Juice® products on a daily basis, Montana has eased his joint discomfort.* Montana is now eager to share those tips on maintaining healthy joints with others so everyone can continue doing the activities that they love to do:
- Supplement your body – Dietary supplements such as glucosamine and chondroitin have been proven to help maintain joint function and mobility. Joint Juice® products provide an easy way to drink your daily supply of both supplements and lubricate your joints. Drinking Joint Juice® supplements for 30 days is the first step to healthy joints.*
- Maintain a healthy weight – Every extra pound puts four times the stress on your knees and other weight-bearing joints, increasing the risk of cartilage breakdown. Drinking two glasses of water before every meal will help with portion control.
- Follow a healthy diet – Eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables that are rich in antioxidants daily. Look for deeply colored vegetables and fruits, such as leafy greens, purple grapes, blueberries and cranberries for the most joint health-friendly benefits.
- Exercise regularly – An exercise regimen of 30-60 minutes, five days a week is highly recommended. Cross-training is important – variety in exercise prevents injuries and helps strengthens the muscles around joints.
- Know your (joints’) limits – Don’t push yourself too hard because sometimes pain is a sign to back off. Injuries from overstressing joints can lead to cartilage breakdown or osteoarthritis.
“I always thought I would have to live with stiff joints and ongoing joint pain, considering my age and long football career,” said Montana. “By following a few simple tips including drinking Joint Juice® products daily, I often forget I’m turning 55. I’ve been able to continue to stay active doing the things I love to do, and I want to empower others to do the same.”
With the population of Baby Boomers at over 75 million, Montana is not alone in the fight to maintain joint health. Joint Juice® products provide an effective and easy-to-take dose of glucosamine and chondroitin that help support joint function and promote overall joint health for anyone who wants to stay active.* By exercising and drinking Joint Juice® supplements daily, Montana is leading the way for others to achieve excellent joint health. Joint Juice® supplement drink was originally created by orthopaedic surgeon Kevin R. Stone, M.D. for professional athletes whose mobility was critical to their careers. Dr. Stone saw the clinical benefits of glucosamine and developed Joint Juice® products as a convenient alternative to the large hard-to-swallow pills.
For more information about Joint Juice® products, or to enter to win the “Do What You Love with Joe Montana” contest, please visit www.lovejointjuice.com.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
About Joint Juice, Inc.
JOINT JUICE, Inc. is a San Francisco-based Company that manufactures Joint Health nutrition products including, JOINT JUICE® supplement drink, JOINT JUICE® drink mix, and JOINT JUICE® Easy Shot™ supplement. JOINT JUICE® supplement drink is available nationally in the vitamin section of grocery stores, drug stores, club stores, and Wal-Mart. JOINT JUICE® drink mix is available in the vitamin section of grocery, drug stores, and directly through our website. JOINT JUICE® Easy Shot™ supplement is available in the vitamin aisle at Walgreens stores nationwide. For more information or to find Joint Juice® products in a store near you, visit jointjuice.com or call us at 888-642-9941.