As the validation of the high pressure processed (HPP) beverage category continues, a Sammy Hagar-endorsed coconut water brand is expanding its presence in both the natural and club channels.
HPP maple water brand Happy Tree has entered two new regions of Whole Foods Markets. The addition of Whole Foods’ Mid-Atlantic and North Atlantic regions brings Happy Tree to over 200 of the grocer’s locations across seven regions. The brand, which recently achieved Non-GMO Project verification, is also now available at all of HEB’s Central Market stores in the state of Texas and online via FreshDirect.
Also entering Whole Foods is Ginger Shots’ four-SKU line of HPP ginger-based shots, which come in lemon ginger, orange ginger, pineapple ginger and pomegranate ginger flavors. The brand, which launched in 2014, is now available at select locations in Whole Foods’ Southern Pacific region.
Outernational Brands’ KOH Coconut Water was recently accepted into the KeHE distribution system for an upcoming roll out into 220 Sprouts Farmers Markets in the Spring of 2016. The specialty grocery chain will carry KOH’s original and mango coconut water flavors in 1 L Tetra Pak carton and 500 mL PET bottles. Additionally, KOH’s coconut milk offering is set to enter Sam’s Club stores in the state of California at the top of 2016.
- Velu has also been approved at Sprouts, where it will launch in March of 2016. The wheatgrass beverage brand is now available in 28 states throughout the country.
- Calypso has announced a partnership with Color Brands for the international distribution of its portfolio of flavored lemonades.
- Bluewater Farms’ six fresh pressed cranberry juices are entering all of Texas’ Central Market stores.
- Pulse Beverage Corporation has secured distribution for its Natural Cabana lemonades, limeades and coconut waters through midwest distributor Mahaska Bottling Company, which covers 157 counties in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and South Dakota.
- Quigley’s, makers of the fast-acting cannabis shot, has partnered with Denver-based cannabis products producer Dixie Elixirs for sales and distribution for its product in Colorado.