ZUG, Switzerland — WILD Flavors GmbH (WILD’s) line of natural colors offers replacements for FD&C colors currently utilized in many food and beverage applications. With Colors From Nature™, WILD’s portfolio ranges from red, orange, and yellow to purple, blue and green. The natural color experts at WILD have created these colors in clear and cloudy liquid forms as well as dry powders for the U.S. market.
WILD will be exhibiting these colors at Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore, Maryland this week (September 26th – 28th). Please stop by our Booth #1623 to see the colors being demonstrated in various finished products.
As a global leader for natural colors, WILD’s solutions may involve the following varieties, dependent upon our customers’ requirements for shade and application:
- The natural alternatives for RED Colors include: Anthocyanins such as Black/Purple Carrot, Elderberry, and Purple Sweet Potato, in addition to Beet, Carmine/Cochineal, and Specialty Blends. These natural ingredients are alternatives for the artificial Red#40 and Red #3 currently used by food and beverage companies.
- The natural replacements for ORANGE Colors encompass: ßeta-Carotene, Paprika, Annatto, Annatto/Tumeric, and ßeta-Apo-8’ Carotenal. These natural colors would include replacements for Orange/Yellow#6 and still provide vibrant shades required by the consumer.
- The natural YELLOW Color options are: Turmeric, ßeta-Carotene, and Annatto. These natural yellows can provide a variety of shades and can be used instead of Yellow#5 which is the basic artificial yellow utilized in the industry.
- Natural PURPLE colors can come from Grape Juice Concentrate, Grape Skin Extract, and Specialty Blends including WILD’s Acid-Stable, Natural Blue Color instead of utilizing the artificial color mixture of two synthetic colors, Red#40+Blue#1.
- For any Green or Blue colors, WILD’s Acid-Stable, Natural BLUE Color is a naturally-derived blue color additive from fruit that is fully suitable across most food and beverage applications. With its excellent stability, WILD’s brilliant blue color is ideal for both food and beverages. The radiant color not only delivers beautiful shades of blue, but also provides the foundation for other colors, including GREEN andPURPLE. Spirulina is now available as an alternative for certain applications as well.
In addition to WILD’s expertise in delivering unique, great-tasting food and beverage flavors and technological solutions, WILD continues to create visually pleasing natural colors for the U.S. Food and Beverage Industry.